Just the colors alone are so pretty you want to take them, and if they make you lean and mean, all the better. What am I talking about? Anabolic drugs.
So what is this big word all about that seems to be floating around the gyms and fitness centers? Read here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid for the smarty pants version, but for us mere mortals it is essentially a man-made variation of the male hormone, testosterone.
Athletes tend to use these for improved physical ability, some doctors prescribe them for teenagers who have delayed in puberty while others have been known to use it to help slow down the cancer process. Whichever category you fall in we will discuss them further in this article.
Why take anabolic drugs?
As a sportswoman myself and fiercely competitive back in my day, we’ve slept since then, I can fully understand the fact that athletes who are at the top of their game and want to gain that little bit extra would resort to taking an enhancement pill of sorts.
Being an athlete is tough, mentally and physically, especially so if your sport is weightlifting or bodybuilding were the use of steroids and anabolics are free and flowing. The main objective is to be the leanest, and in my opinion, the most sinewy, contender on stage and finished off with a 75% cocoa spray tan to bring out definition.
It’s interesting to hear the different situations people find themselves in that leads to them using the steroids, check out this blog article and get a behind the scenes insight into the how and why people lean towards anabolic drug use.
Going to the gym and eating a balanced diet can only seem to get you so far, and for some men, this is the ultimate physic, but if you’re in the competitive world of weight-lifting there is always room for improvement. Those extra reps or adding 15 minutes more to your routine do help, but to get them to reach the peak of their abilities, this is where steroids start to play their role.
Some athletes also tend to take a growth hormone supplement, this allows them to bulk up even more, increase performance and grow their overall muscle mass. This doesn’t, however, give you any talent, that part you need to have on your own. If only they could make little jars filled with talent pills we could take, I know a few people who would benefit from a jar or 2.
5 Advantages of using anabolic steroid drugs.
- Medical treatment. It’s been known to be given to patients who were ill and suffered from muscle dystrophy, it was also given to men with low levels of testosterone resulting in low libido. Other aids such as accelerating puberty in individuals who aren’t going through it naturally.
To find out more about how the body is affected by steroids, this article will explain it well and in-depth and in an understandable way. No big medical words flying around or having to Google what anything means.
- Less fat. They help cut down excess body fat and oxidize it in the body which is then used for energy. Resulting in thinner skin and for athletes, showing off their muscles as they try to stand casually all the while flexing in front of the ladies.
- More Red blood cells. Research has shown that the use of anabolic drugs increases the production of red blood cells in the body. These cells are responsible for the transportation of oxygen to the various organs in the body. When the muscles and tissues have a lot of oxygen they can work harder for longer, increasing your longevity in the gym.
- Muscle growth. Because there is an increase in testosterone in the body with anabolic use, which is the muscle growth and development hormone, the muscles keep developing even when you aren’t in the gym. Then when you do add in gym, the muscles turn it up a gear and develop twice the amount.
- Muscle recovery. When athletes train as hard as they do they are constantly damaging and stressing the muscles, anabolic speeds up the recovery process and time and this enables you to get back into the gym quicker.
If you are just starting in the fitness world and signed your first gym contract, congratulations, you are on the path to becoming the leanest machine version of yourself.
Or perhaps you have been at it a while now and are looking to take it to that next level, take some time to read up on anabolic steroid drug’s benefits and see what they can bring you to elevate you to where you want to be physically.
While I’m not a fan of the cocoa spray tan, we do what we have to do to win, am I right?