Do you have a business blog? If not, you’re missing out.
Over half of the top 200 Fortune 500 companies have a corporate blog. Think about how many people they’re reaching that you’re not!
Are you looking for more reasons to blog? Do you need tips on how to blog? If so, read on to learn everything you need to know.
Benefits of Blogging
Blogging can help you take your business to the next level. If you’re on the fence about it, the following are some specific benefits of blogging to keep in mind:
- Better search engine ranking
- Increased website traffic
- More opportunities for audience connection and engagement
- More opportunities for social media shares (and social media growth)
- Increased credibility within your industry
- More opportunities to generate leads and encourage email list subscriptions
- Increased conversions and business revenue
- More opportunities to stand out from your competitors
Do any of these benefits appeal to you? If so, it’s time to make blogging a priority.
Top Business Blogging Tips
You don’t need to be an incredible writer or experienced digital marketer to have a great business blog. Here are some simple, practical tips that will help you start blogging today:
- Choose an easy-to-use blogging platform (WordPress is one of the most popular options)
- Do keyword research to find ideas for blog post topics (there are lots of free tools you can use online to get started)
- Create a posting calendar so you always know what to write about
- Post consistently (aim for at least one post per week when you’re getting started)
- Aim for long-form content (at least 1,000 words, although 2,000-word posts are better for search engines)
- Include interesting visuals and videos for increased engagement
- Make posts readable with short sentences, short paragraphs, and lots of white space
- End each post with a call-to-action (“sign up for our newsletter”, “contact us today for an appointment”, “check out our shop”, etc.)
- Proofread your posts before you publish them (if you’re not a great proofreader, ask a colleague or friend to edit the posts for you)
At first, you might feel overwhelmed by the steps required for starting a business blog. The more you do it, though, the easier blogging becomes. You’ll be glad you invested time into a blog, too, when you start to experience the benefits mentioned above.
Don’t forget that there are also lots of content marketing experts you can turn to for guidance as well. For example, if you’re looking for more advice on digital marketing, you can check out this episode to hear from a fitness professional about the steps he took to grow his online business.
Create a Business Blog Today
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons to start blogging for business.
The sooner you get started on your business blog, the better. Follow the tips listed above and you’ll be able to put together a successful blog before you know it!
Want to learn more about blogging and digital marketing for your business? Head over to the Blog section of our site today!