The beauty industry is on the rise and there’s no stopping its growth. In 2019, the beauty industry was worth $532 billion and currently is on a rapid upward trajectory. Despite the industry’s expected growth, many beauty businesses and brands are still struggling, not just in e-commerce, but with changing behavior of customers online.
Nevertheless, the digital world has been instrumental to the growth of the beauty industry. It’s easier to connect and communicate with customers globally through different channels, platforms and types of content. Now, you don’t have to print dozens of ads for your brightening vitamin C serum; you can run paid ads online, create blog content or post it on social media.
So how can your business take advantage of the digital shift in business? Consider the following strategies.
Unleash the Potential of Content Marketing
When it comes to brand promotion, content marketing is one of the best ways to get your message out there. It focuses on distributing valuable and relevant content to attract, acquire and engage with your potential customers.
This mindset and strategy should be integrated into your business’s DNA. Here are some marketing ideas to consider:
- Write “how-to” content to teach people how to shorten their makeup routine, improve their current skincare routine or add more magic to their hair care.
- Create a video for your products. Video content is engaging and easily one of the best ways to boost organic reach for free.
- Establish a newsletter subscriber list, which you can use to send out engaging content and special promotions to your current and potential customer list.
- Reach out to people in the beauty industry. Connect with influencers and bloggers who promote cosmetics and other beauty products. Influencer marketing is the heart of the beauty industry. Done right, it could be a big win for you and the influencer you’re working with.
In terms of content ideas, coming up with fresh ones is always a struggle. Here are some ways you can use content to skyrocket your beauty marketing:
- Share “Before and After” photos or stories to prove the effectiveness of your products.
- Publish “Instagram-worthy” content. If you don’t have a huge budget, you can DIY a photoshoot with your smartphone and props at home.
- Collaborate with aspiring makeup artists, so they can share their routines and tips online. For example, how can they make you look like you’re part of the Disney princess timeline?
- Analyze the popular hashtags associated with your products. Use these hashtags to your content online.
If you don’t have the resources to develop a content strategy, partner with established marketing firms that not only work with clients directly but also with other agencies, offering white label SEO. This capability indicates a high level of expertise.
Build Brand Advocacy By Creating a Community
A rule of thumb in digital marketing is you must leverage your consumers’ desire to connect with brands, to share their experience with others and to be part of a community that shares their interests. For this reason, it’s important to build communities of fans and customers via social media and other online forums.
Start by finding your voice. How should your brand sound to customers? Also, what is the primary focus of your brand? You can also inspire customers to share their beauty tips, feedback and inspirations within the groups. Use the community to also share exclusive special promotions for members.
Remember: the community’s primary goal is to help you retain customers by strengthening their connection to your business.
Partner with Micro-Influencers
Customers don’t like being bombarded with ads. They prefer interacting with real people who can relate to their beauty struggles. This is why micro-influencers are growing in popularity. An influential individual who is authentic and knowledgeable at building loyalty and trust will win the hearts of your customers.
Working with the right influencer does wonders for your campaign. They should be someone who is relatable and resonates with the advocacy of the brand.
Build Your Brand’s Identity in the Beauty Business World
Personal branding positively leverages your brand’s authenticity. It also brings in more PR, as well as functions as another PR resource for your strategy.
To make branding work, focus on the human aspect of your business. Every business should have a story based on their dreams and aspirations. If you have one, don’t hesitate to spread the word about it.
Consider the following branding strategies:
- Share your challenges, knowledge and plans for the future. In the long run, you’ll build credibility as an authoritative figure in the industry.
- Tell your story through written articles. Share them on LinkedIn, Medium or any of your favorite social media platforms.
- Openly talk about your business’s mission and vision. Tell your stories through your marketing campaign.
In a highly competitive beauty industry, owning a brand with great products isn’t enough. You’ll have to tell your story in the most creative way possible, too. Leverage the power of digital marketing today.