In 2022, the rise of artificial intelligence and machine learning accelerated the onset of the Industrial Internet of Things. There are several upcoming businesses in the tech industry that are looking for openings to improve their reach among the audience base. One of the most notable verticals in the economy today is the SaaS industry, which needs a PR overhaul. Not only has PR become a vital aspect of brand building in the tech world, but is also a necessity with the increasing competition. Here’s your SaaS PR guide to help you implement the best strategy at the start of 2023.
As per market projections, the global SaaS industry is predicted to reach a valuation of $208 billion by 2023 and displays a 9% increase in the subsequent four years. To keep up with the kinds of consumers that run the market today, every business needs to amp up its game in marketing. Even though the tech industry may not have seemed as invested in PR and other such marketing strategies before 2020, the pandemic brought us all a lesson in the importance of creating a brand image to gain customer loyalty. Even for the SaaS industry, the client base is vastly dependent on similar visions and traits. Undergoing a PR strategy reform can help your company find the most ideal audience and keep them in the loop of your brand’s recent developments.
- Work on brand awareness: Customers today have a limited attention span and need constant visibility. For your company and services to be relevant, hosting brand campaigns with the help of a SaaS PR guide based on the projects deployed will help to serve as “forget me not”. Not only does this allow you to create brand awareness, but also helps establish a certain image based on the personality you create around your brand name. This also gives customers the opportunity to build a psychological connection and investment in your company, making it a smart approach to Customer 2.0.
- Social ratings and evidence: There are several uses for generating reviews and receiving feedback from customers. For starters, it gives you an insight into what they expect from you and how they feel about your brand. There’s a substantial advantage of showing the audience social proof of how your performance has positively impacted the client base. Moreover, it’s also beneficial to have statistical data based on consumer reviews to showcase how your company has performed in the past. This also helps you create heaps of data.
- Podcasting and guest appearances: Branding activities are related to creating a voice for your company and projecting it. However, people today wish to gain some value from the information you’re spreading through mass media. A great idea to boost your strategy can be to release regular podcasts with nuggets of information. If you’re a new entrant in the market and wish for your SaaS PR guide implementation to succeed, partnering with a podcaster with more influence and reach will be a great start.
- Collect and publish insightful data: From the abovementioned subset, it is clearly to see how data is a driving force in the global economy today. Reaching past oil, data has become the most valuable commodity in every industry, making it a gold mine for SaaS companies as they have a natural advantage. A PR strategy that includes compiling this data into comprehensive pieces of information along with accurate projections in the form of case studies. This is an excellent way to create brand relevance in the market, which helps you get competitive leverage.
- Whitepapers and thought leadership: The data collected can also be used to publish whitepapers and thought leadership articles to create domain authority. Publications with reputed names look for unique insights into the tech world in their articles. Your PR strategy to create a brand’s voice can gain more traction when you get cited by multiple publishers, improving your reputation in the long run. There’s a lot more that goes into publishing quarterly whitepapers, where your insights become sought after by other business leaders.
- Community spaces: There are several online community spaces where programmers and tech buzz enthusiasts gather to share their ideas. These portals and forums also have beginners looking for insights as well as companies looking for guidance regarding the latest SaaS solutions in the market. Your Public Relations activities can take the form of becoming a regular at such places while interacting with fellow members.
Once you take the time to bring about the changes needed in your PR strategy, it becomes relatively simple to execute with the right team. All you need to do is work with the best PR and branding managers in the industry and form a task force. We hope this piece covered all the bases to guide your steps in the right direction. For more information, stay tuned to our blog section.