Amazon is one of the biggest and most innovative businesses in the world. They were one of the first to use innovation management software for businesses, and anyone who wants to learn from how they do their work should start by installing this type of software in their own industry. It is in this way that Amazon constantly changes the way they operate, ensuring they are always relevant. So what has their innovation software enabled them to do?
What Innovation Management Software for Businesses Has Done for Amazon
- It has made them focused on improving and evolution. They are incredibly active in their own evolution, in fact, always stopping themselves from stagnating. They offer absolutely everything on their marketplace, so that they are relevant to everybody as well. For Amazon, the services don’t have to relate. They do not find it disturbing that they offer both books and health and beauty products, for instance. Instead, they target 100% of the world’s population.
- It has made them set themselves apart from the rest. They offer highly convenient shopping measures that puts the customer in the center. Unlike Google, which tries to come up with products that they hope the customer will like, Amazon only develops products they know their customer wants. They do this through the “two pizza rule”, which means they start with small ideas, ensuring multiple can be tested at the same time.
- It has encouraged them to enter new industries regularly. They are no longer solely an online merchant, seen by the fact that they purchase the grocery chain Whole foods. Some people believe that the company is now using its innovation management software to completely redesign how the grocery industry works.
- It has helped the go against the grain. Amazon is known to be an online retailer. However, they have also opened an actual store, measuring some 4,000 square foot, right in New York City. This means that they also have brick and mortar stores, mainly because Amazon knows that customers like that. Yes, 67% of people in this country shop online at least once a year, but 90% of all purchases are still done in stores.
- It has ensured they always put the customer first. For Amazon, it is all about the customer. They offer a fantastic service, they regularly innovate, and they always come up with ways to make them more efficient and fast. For Amazon, the goal is to make sure the customer always has the best possible experience. It will come as no surprise, therefore, that Amazon is currently using its innovation management software to come up with new ways of delivering customer orders.
Amazon has been focused on innovation from the word go. They know that if they become stagnant, they may as well close their doors. This is why each employee is able to access their innovation software platforms and share their own thoughts and ideas as well.